High-End vs Drugstore Dupes


There are so many high-end products that are dreamy but always take so much thinking about because they really can put a dent in the bank balance but I don't think people consider that some drugstore brands really do great dupes. Don't forget that they aren't all going to be as good as their luxury twins but for a third, fourth and sometimes even half the price, you can not go wrong! I've found a few that I have tried and tested and really are so similar and great for those on a budget!


The Maybelline Strobing Liquid in Light and the Nars Copacabana Illuminator are by far the most similar out of the dupes I'm talking about. I've loved the Nars Copacabana for so long and still consider it a firm favourite in my whole collection however, I came across the Maybelline equivalent by pure chance. I was looking at their new strobing range and swatching it all- as a highlighter addict does - and noticed the shade of the light/iridescent and how similar it was to Copacabana. They are both pink toned with white-gold flex running through the product. I bought it and put them against each other and there really is very little difference. They both give an incredible glow to the skin and both apply well under and over make-up. The main difference that I've picked up on is that the Maybelline Strobing Liquid is more shimmery compared to Nars being just all out glow but they are both incredible and I've found myself alternating between them each day.


For this dupe, there is a bit of a winner for me which I think will surprise you! The Clinique Contour Chubby Stick is something that so many bloggers have used and love, myself included. I've noticed that a lot of affordable brands have also joined the party in releasing stick contour and highlight products but many of them are nowhere near Clinique in quality apart from the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Cream. Now, I have to admit, the highlight stick that comes in this duo really is no good and I didn't enjoy it at all but the contour one is incredible!! Both shades are great, but I find the Clinique one a bit too orange whereas Barry M's stick is more brown and grey toned giving a really subtle contour. Also, in my opinion, the Barry M one blends so much better and faster. If you're looking to try a contour stick and have any budget, I really would urge you to try the Barry M stick. It won't break the bank and is a great product.


So many brands have come out with their own versions of the various Naked palettes and some are quite good but I have never come across one this similar (and dare I say somewhat better). The Naked 3 has some lovely shades but I've never felt as though the pigmentation is as good as some of their other palettes however, Makeup Revolution did it again and blew my mind when they bought out their I <3 Obsession palette. Being drawn in by the gorgeous pinks, I didn't even pick up on the similarity until I got home. The shades are almost spot on with only 1 shade missing, all with the same tones and finishes. However, the Makeup Revolution one is more pigmented and a little easier to blend! The most amazing thing about this dupe is that its only £3.99 vs the £39.50 of the Naked 3.

Obviously I love all the high-end versions, I wouldn't still have them and use them if I didn't, but there are some great versions on the high-street. You can create all the same looks, receive the same benefits but save a lot of money!

Thank you for reading!

xoxo

No comments