How To: Messy Curls for Short Hair


Since cutting my hair shorter, my go-to hairstyle has been messy curls! They are super easy to do and I love the results. It honestly takes no time at all but looks really nice and I always get compliments so I thought I'd share how I get these curls with you all!


I always style my hair when it's been freshly washed and then it's good to go for the next few days. To prep my hair I just blow dry it and then apply some heat protection. The one that I am currently using is the Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray. I then split my hair into two sections and clip the top section out of the way - of course this will differ for different hair lengths or how curly you want it to be so do whatever you prefer. Personally, I like quite big, messy curls so the less sections the better. The curling wand that I use is the Tresemme Volume Curls Tong. This is a large barrelled wand which gives really effortless looking curls. I take sections that are around an inch or so thick and wrap it around the wand, holding it there for 10-15 seconds. Once I've held it for a while I simply let it drop and then leave it. I continue this for every piece of hair.

Once all the hair is curled, I like to let it cool so that the curls can really set in place. Whilst this is happening I usually do my make-up. After this I shake out the curls using my fingers to make them looser and messier. I am a huge fan of salt spray and will spray some through the ends of my hair and scrunch in order to give it a beachy, textured look. I'll finish off with some hairspray to lock them in place and then I'm good to go. I find these curls always last until my next wash which is usually 2-3 days afterwards. The curls look super cute down, up or in any style which makes the look very versatile.

Thank you for reading!

xoxo

No comments