First Impression - Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation




The Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation is something that I have never heard much about so thought I would give it a go and share my first impressions.

The foundation is £29 and the packaging is very luxurious and feels expensive - it also comes with a pump so it's instantly on the right track. The foundation says 'Stay Flawless for a full 15 hours with our breakthrough long-wearing formula! Inspired by on-set demands, developed for your life. Skin is hydrated and shine-free, while imperfection are blurred with light-diffusing spheres. Buildable medium-to-full coverage. Water, sweat, humidity and transfer resistant. Oil-free!' It definitely promises alot so was interested to see how it went. 

The Application 

I decided to apply this foundation using the Real Techniques buffing brush which is one of my favourites for applying foundation. The formula is quite thick but does not feel heavy on the skin. I also felt as though the coverage was really great and I agree with the medium-to-full coverage as it is definitely possible to build it up. I got the shade 1.1 which is the lightest they do and I am definitely not the palest skin tone meaning it doesn't have the options for paler tones. Instantly, I could see a glow to my skin and it did not look cakey or thick. I applied just one layer to my face and felt as though that was more than enough. It had covered what I wanted to do. The rest of my make-up also went on really smoothly on top of it. 

The wear 

It stayed looking fresh and full coverage for around 7-8 hours with little change in the appearance from when I first applied it. After these hours I did have to powder a bit on my t-zone as I felt as though I started to look oily opposed to glowy and hydrated. If you have oily skin, I'm not sure how this would last despite the fact that it says it is oil free. Other than that, the foundation really stayed quite the same. I managed to wear this foundation for 12 hours and at the end of the day, my skin still looked great! The coverage had dipped slightly and imperfections were starting to show through but it still looked close to flawless.

The Outcome

All in all I feel as though this foundation definitely does what it says on the packet, it could work for all skin types but those who are oily bare in mind that you may need to powder throughout the day and the shade options are not the best. It's a great everyday option if you like a fuller coverage and is great for evenings and events as it makes your skin look flawless and lasts. I'm really happy that I bought this foundation am looking forward to continuing to use it.

Thank you for reading!

xoxo

CONTACT ME :
email - beckycook1711@hotmail.co.uk
twitter - @_itsjustbecky
instagram - beckycook1711

No comments